The applicants before the visa application deadlines which is announced by the embassies of Italy over the world, should prepare the documents to do the visa application and submit their documents at the embassy of Italy in their country of residence. The list of documents are different embassy of embassy, however generally the students should prepare the following documents:
REQUIREMENTS for visa for long term (more than 90 days) for study purposes
Applicants must submit personally to the Embassy the documents listed below (original & photocopy):
1. One application form (available at the Embassy) and one recent photo;
2. Valid passport with at least two blank pages, (expiry date must exceed exit from Schengen area by at least three months); Passports issued more than 10 years before the visa application are not accepted;
3. A valid Residence permit (expiry date must exceed exit from Schengen area by at least three months);
4. Letter from the University, if the applicant is a student;
5. Transcript from the University, if the applicant is a student;
6. Flight ticket or approved reservation;
7. A suitable accommodation in the Italian territory (dormitory, campus etc..);
8. Letter from Italian University certifying that the student has been accepted and in which it is clear where the student will be staying (dormitory, campus etc..) (name of the course, duration and cost)
9. Your scholarship notification, if awarded with one
10. The legalized copy of your diplomas and Declaration of Value (DOV), authentication of photo and signature as issued by the competent Embassy;
11. Receipt of payment of registration fees
12. Certificate of birth (with official translation in Italian or English, legalized by Italian Embassy Italy in the country where they were issued;
13. Medical Insurance: a valid travel insurance to cover for any medical expenses that might arise while travelling, including repatriation, urgent medical attention and/or emergency hospital treatment. The insurance must be valid throughout the territory of the Schengen States and cover the entire period of the person’s stay.
Note: the minimum coverage for medical expenses has to be Euro 30.000 (thirty thousand).
14. Bank account statement of the student covering last 6 months (with all transactions);
15. Bank letter;
16. Documents regarding the family condition:
- Mother/Father bank account statement (last six months, with all the transactions), if the bank account is not in English, the statement must be translated in English (official translation)
- Letter from the bank (in English language);
- Letter signed by the notary in which the parents declare to cover all the expenses of the student during his/her permanence in Italy (in English language);
- Certificate (in English language) about the parents’ job in which it is specified their monthly income, contract of work, payslip (last six months);
- Papers of parents’ property (house rental agreements, title of the house property and other kind of property) in Italian or English language legalized by the embassy of Italy in the country where they were issued;
- Copy of parents’ passports; LEGALIZED BY EMBASSY OF ITALY IN COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE DOCUMENTS ISSUED IN AN OTHER COUNTRY THAN CYPRUS MUST BE TRANSLATED IN ITALIAN AND LEGALIZED BY THE Embassy of Italy in the country where they were issued.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL THE REST OF DOCUMENTS HAVE TO BE IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE.
THIS EMBASSY DOES NOT ACCEPT APPLICATION IF THERE ARE MISSING DOCUMENTS.
NOTE: If the duration of the course is less than 90 days then the visa to be granted will be “Schengen” and consequently the resident permit in Italy cannot be extended.
Please, note that this list is only a general guideline. Italian Diplomatic representatives are entitled to ask you to provide other additional or different documents to support your application, depending on circumstances.